The Brieftons 4-in-1 Mandolin Slicer is a manual multi-purpose kitchen helper that offers ease in food preparation. Safe and simple to use, it makes short work of a multitude of cooking chores.
For best results when using the Brieftons Adjustable Mandoline Slicer, please follow the below instructions…
Choose your desired blade based on what you want to achieve. The below image shows the types of blades and the results you can get by using them.
As a general guide:
- Use the slicer blade or the 2 Julienne blades for uniformly slicing potatoes, onions, cucumbers, zucchini, carrots, celery, apples, etc. into flat slices or thin, long strands of vegetables
- Use the grater blade to grate hard cheeses, baker’s chocolate, nutmeg and cinnamon. It also works well with potatoes for hash browns, cabbage for coleslaw, hard and soft cheeses, carrots, and many other solid vegetables
How to use the Brieftons 4-in-1 Mandoline Slicer
- Put the mandoline slicer on top of any food container or directly on a flat surface.
- Optionally, use the safety food holder to grab the vegetable/fruit and keep your fingers safe.
- Use a consistent forward motion to slice/grate your food. The results will come out at the bottom of the mandoline slicer.
How to change blades
To insert a new blade panel into the blade slot, do the opposite of the above.
- For best slicing results, foods should be firm
- For round fruits or vegetables such as tomatoes, potatoes or beets, use a knife to cut off a small portion to create a flat end
- For larger foods, cut in half and slice cut-side down
- For vegetable rounds, cut long foods such as zucchini and cucumbers into 2.5-inch/6 cm lengths before placing vertically in the food holder
- For best grating results, cheese should be cold and cut into 2-inch/5 cm pieces
- When done with slicing or grating remove remains of food from the food holder
- Rinse all used components under running water and clean with mild detergent. Let it dry and store. Alternatively, wash them in a dishwasher (top shelf)
- Keep fingers away from blade when using and cleaning
- Keep out of children’s reach
- Always use food holder when slicing and grating. Do not slice or grate any food that cannot be held by food holder
- When using food holder securely grasp round top keeping fingers and thumb away from blade and outer edges of food holder
- Food holder prongs and blades are sharp and may cause injury if not used properly
- Never hand wash blades with a sponge or dishcloth. Never towel dry
- Wipe the mandolin body with damp cloth as needed
- As usual, if you have any question or get stuck using the product, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help!