For a quick-start video guide to using the Brieftons QuickPull Food Chopper, please watch this video. It shows a smaller version of the chopper in action, however the concept is similar…
The chopper comes with 2 attachments: a chopper attachment (for chopping foodstuffs), and a mixer attachment (for mixing/blending) foodstuffs.
Note: The 2 sweeper arms at the top and bottom of the chopper attachment are removable. They are designed to spread out ingredients more evenly and consistently while foodstuffs are being chopped. They are optional though, and you may want to remove from the chopper attachment if so desired.
Please refer to the below image for all the components of the chopper.
How to Use the Brieftons QuickPull Food Chopper
For best results when using the Brieftons QuickPull Food Chopper, please follow the below instructions…
How to Chop
1. Place the food chopper on a flat, stable surface. The non-slip base will ensure that it remains stationary.
2. Open the lid and place the chopper attachment on the locating pin in the base of the container.
3. Chop soft food into golf ball size chunks. Chop hard food into smaller chunks if necessary.
4. Place the chopped food around the blades in the container.
5. Locate the pin in the base of the lid into the center of the chopper attachment. Ensure the lid fits flush with the container.
6. With one hand push down firmly on the lid of the food chopper. Use your free hand to pull the rip cord that spins the chopping blades.
7. At first pull the cord gently to ensure it is moving freely. If there is resistance from hard food like carrots, start the chopping process with short pulls.
8. If the blade doesn’t move freely, open the lid to check that the chopper attachment has been located correctly into the lid. Reposition large chunks around the blades if necessary.
9. A complete pull on the cord will chop food sixteen times. To reach a desired consistency of your food, open the lid and inspect food every second or third pull.
How to Mix/Blend
To mix ingredients, follow the same steps as for chopping, but use the mixer attachment instead of the chopper attachment.
How fine or coarse your food is will depend on the number of pulls you do.
- 1 – 5 pulls for coarse, chunky cuts
- 6 – 10 pulls for medium to fine cuts
- 11 – 20 pulls for fine to very fine cuts
- 20 or more pulls for very fine of puree consistency.
Do not submerge the lid under water when cleaning. Use a damp cloth with detergent to remove any food from the base of the lid.
The rest of the unit is dishwasher safe, and can simply be washed with some soapy water.
The blades are sharp and are to be handled with extreme caution. Not suitable for use by children.
As usual, if you have any question or get stuck using the product, please contact us via email@example.com and we will be happy to help!