The Brieftons Adjustable Mandolin Slicer is the perfect mandoline that puts you back in control of your food and vegetable preparation.
With 4 interchangeable blades (straight slicer, Julienne slicer, crude grater, and fine grater), and 3 different thickness settings easily accessed via a dial, it can help get your slicing and grating job done much more quickly, while still maintaining a consistent cut every time.
For best results when using the Brieftons Adjustable Mandoline Slicer, please follow the below instructions…
Blade Types and How to Change Them
Choose your desired blade based on what you want to achieve. The below image shows the types of blades and the results you can get by using them.
Remove the existing blade by sliding it out from the blade slot. Then insert your desired blade into the blade slot, as shown below.
As a general guide:
- Use the straight slicer for slicing fresh cucumber or thinly cut potato chips
- Use the Julienne slicer for creating beautiful thin, long vegetable strips or French fries
- Use the coarse grater for grating cheeses or carrots
- Use the fine grater for grating garlic, ginger, nutmeg, chocolate, lemon and orange zest
How to Change the Cutting Thickness
There are 3 different thickness settings which can be accessed via the dial on the mandoline slicer. Simply turn the dial to get to your desired thickness setting.
How to use the Brieftons Adjustable Mandoline Slicer
- Put the mandoline slicer on top of the included food container. Alternatively, put it on any surface or on top of any bowl/container you have around the house.
- Optionally, use the safety food holder to grab the vegetable/fruit and keep your fingers safe.
- Use a consistent forward motion to slice/grate your food. The results will come out at the bottom of the mandoline slicer.
- For best slicing results, foods should be firm
- For round fruits or vegetables such as tomatoes, potatoes or beets, use a knife to cut off a small portion to create a flat end
- For larger foods, cut in half and slice cut-side down
- For vegetable rounds, cut long foods such as zucchini and cucumbers into 2.5-inch/6 cm lengths before placing vertically in the food holder
- For best grating results, cheese should be cold and cut into 2-inch/5 cm pieces
- When done with slicing or grating remove remains of food from the food holder
- Rinse all used components under running water and clean with mild detergent. Let it dry and store. Alternatively, wash them in a dishwasher (top shelf)
- Keep out of reach of children
- Blades are very sharp. Handle with care
- As a safety precaution, it is recommended that a cutting glove be worn while using and cleaning the product
- Always use food holder when slicing and grating. Do not slice or grate any food that cannot be held by food holder
- When using food holder securely grasp round top keeping fingers and thumb away from blade and outer edges of food holder
- Never hand wash blades with a sponge or dishcloth. Never towel dry
- Wipe the mandolin body with damp cloth as needed
As usual, if you have any question or get stuck using the product, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help!